This role is a Flavor Chemist Trainee position that will support the flavor creations team by performing routine laboratory tasks while learning all aspects of Flavor Creation.
• Accurately compounds experimental formulas
• Conducts laboratory experiments under the direction of flavor chemist
• Obtains raw materials from the production environment
• Responsible for proper care, handling, maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment and laboratory workspace.
• Maintains stocks of laboratory glassware and supplies
• Prepares tasting solutions for evaluation
• Participates in taste panels and educational seminars
• Follows safety, quality and GMP policies of the company and government.
• Participates in and supports the execution of flavor training programs following the curriculum established in the Society of Flavor Chemists Syllabus
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or other applied science required
• Must be a self-starter, capable of independent research and study
• 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory environment
• Knowledge of organic chemistry and good laboratory practices
• Good math skills and the ability to convert between varying units of measure
• Ability to work accurately, quickly and with good laboratory practices
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and support multiple projects within a given day.
• A positive attitude, a team player, engaging and able to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively.
• Above average sense of taste and smell.
***As part of the interview process, all candidates will undergo taste and aroma acuity testing.